View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
My wife watched The Handmaid's Tale.
I read the book, which was fine. I only watched the first three episodes, which were suitably horrifying from a storytelling standpoint. ("Okay, I get the message you're trying to send. Next!")

The first episode of "Star Trek: Discovery" was pointless for me. "--So you disobey your superior officer, and there *aren't* any consequences... at *all?*" It was another variation on the women's channels "Movie of the Week" in which the main character burns the house down around her abusive husband, and she does absolutely *no* jail time. ("'At's yer fantasy, right chair.") --Apparently I'm channeling Bill's Hee Haw allusion.

The latest incarnation of "The Twilight Zone" is pretty heavy-handed, and toes a very popular party line. To roughly paraphrase Jeff Dunham's puppet Peanut, "You old white dudes suck, because everything that's wrong is your fault!"

You want painful acting? Try watching the first couple episodes of "Buck Rogers" from the late 1970s. --Let's just say it *doesn't* wear well when it comes to human relationships. (shuddering)

And for the record... tbzep and Bill were right about the Hee Haw honeys, especially to (at least some) of us who were Boys of An Age at the time it originally aired.
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014