View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 08:49 AM
Sometimes collector

Default Lost one in a tree today

I went to my usual field and it was overrun with a soccer tournament so I went to a nearby school. I flew a Semroc Spaceman on an A8 which had a wonky arching flight and ended up sort of gliding into the top of a kind of scrawny 50 foot tree. Or somewhere in the tree since I couldn’t spot it. I flew two other rockets and packed up, then went to investigate the tree. I had a good video of it disappearing behind the tree top and heard it hit and the ground was clear so I knew it was in there. I walked back and forth peering in the branches thinking if I could spot it that I could check back once in a while. The wind was picking up a little and it was now almost an hour since it went in the tree and still I could not spot a thing. Suddenly I hear whack whack whack and caught a flash of it tumbling down through the branches, hitting one right above me, but I thought it was caught again. I circled around the tree and it was on the ground before me, phew! Glad I stuck around, it was up there for 54 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  B701F25B-58AE-4409-B5A3-6A34349B8D13.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  1.18 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  72766199-4C4B-4EFC-9A0E-2B943DCD5691.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  1.71 MB