View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 02:51 AM
BP Mafia

Tonight I reset the fin on the HoJo that I rescued off of Ebay a few years back. It's a rough looking old bird, and shows definite signs of having been built by a kid, but a kid who tried hard. I think I flew it last just before my 40th birthday, so it's been grounded for three years. (It tossed a fin on that day.) My Red Max will get a shot of red paint around the new fillet and some new decals. I built the Red Max in 2001 and didn't have a way to print the decals with the white, so I bought some white shelf paper and cut it to shape just inside the black lines of the decals. A real PITA, but it turned out pretty well. The only problem is that now the decals are flaking off around the edges and the white is showing through where it shouldn't be. Easy fix, but I'll fly it as is first. I found the missing fins from my Astron Shrike, another Ebay refugee, but the corpse of that bird is buried in another box at mom and dads. It was one that got crushed when we had our floors done last year, but I can't remember if it was going to be able to be salvaged or not. Last of the Ebay birds was the Satellite Interceptor, which just needed to have a rear fin replaced due to a hard landing. There was still a Beta that was a part of this particular Ebay haul, but I ran out of time. (It's hot pink and silver and the builder used ALL of the decals PLUS some wraps from another project. Heavy duty!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Astron Shrike.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  309.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Hippy Dip Beta first flight.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  485.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Satellite Interceptor on pad at Pendery.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  335.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Der Red Max, August, 2002.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  359.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Estes Honest John.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  325.7 KB  

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark