View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 08:31 AM
BAR

Funny story MarkB. Why wouldn't you want to do it again for a long time? Kits not your thing?

Do you plan to fly it with the chute? I now use streamers in my Cherokee-D builds, except for upscales, since they're flown exclusively on D12 motors. Streamers take a *lot* less time to make, and they're much less likely to drift away.

I've built 7 Cherokee-D's, including a couple upscales, and have lost most of them. Lost my first one as a kid, on a D12-7 with the supplied 18" chute, on it's maiden flight. Built a second, didn't launch it until I became a BAR, circa 2005, and promptly lost it. Built & flew a Thrustline clone quite a few times, then started cloning my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Druziv,

I've got a late 60's version of one of these that helps for tiny detail. Our school was about to throw it out and I happened to notice it. I use it to find splinters, do fine soldering work, etc. If I need extra magnification for that tiniest sliver of invisible metal sitting right on a nerve in my finger, I wear some readers underneath. It along with a nice work light make quick work of tiny tasks and might help with your fine knot work.
I have 2 different magnifications of the Donegan Opti-Visor, 1.75x, and 2.5x, use them all the time, as my eyesight is horrible (~ 11 diopters of nearsighted correction). They're still made with glass lenses, though do now offer a cheaper plastic lens version.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org