View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Master Modeler

Wink Howdy All

Sorry so late guys and Thanks for inviting me. The first thursdays of the months are Carpenter's Union meeting and I get quite swamped being the Recording Secretary. I couldn't get my dog to eat the meeting minutes so I had to attend .

1. Real Name and City/State.
James Pierson in Belfair, Western Washington State

2. Local flying club.
None, Front Yard Free-For-All Test Flights.

3. Year started flying.
1998 at age 31. I had never hear anything about the Sport of Model Rocketry until a neighbor flew some Estes Mighty Max kits. Soon therafter, on my 31st birthday my wife gave me the Estes Goliath and Spitfire Starter Set and I ain't been the same since.

4. What you hope to gain from this experiment.
More knowledge about all aspects of Rocketry in gereral. Satisfaction in using any talents I may have to advance and possibly influence the future of Model Rocketry.

5. What you want the team to accomplish.
Bring creative designs back to the hobby. Actively promote the sport with todays youth by
developing creative, fun, and low cost kits. Develope at Instruction Sheet database to draw from to speed up the kitting process. Also possibly develope an organized prototype testing procedures checklist.

6. Your primary interest area (engines, rocket design, support, building, etc.)
Rocket Design from the first prototype to an actual kit development and arrival on store shelves.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907