View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:50 PM
rosko_racer

Default Centuri Fighter Fleet - Cloning the F-15

I have embarked in an effort to clone (or semi-clone) the Centuri Fighter Fleet. I am almost done with the F-16. The build thread for the F-16 can be found here . Frank "The Mole" asked on that forum "What's next in the wings to be built?"... Well Frank, it is as the Subject says, it is going to be the Centuri F-15.

And as it is always in my case, I chose the one that has barely been documented... only the instructions can be found on Ye Olde Rocket Plans here ... they are missing the fin patterns and the decals set... This is where Earl Cagle comes in. He has been helping me "behind stage" and has graciously been providing me with scans of the decal sets and the plastic parts. Not much is out there except for a few thread making referenced to the F-15 model.

And so as with the F-16, my F-15 will have 3D printed parts, to include the nose cone, canopy, missile parts, fuel pods, and the jet exhaust.

I got into this hobby and learned that sharing was a big part of it, so I intend on sharing the STL files for those who would like to venture into something similar. But I will warn everyone that my 3D skills are not up to par as with others on this forum, so everyone who would like can venture and experiment with the 3D files.

And so, let the fun begin!!!

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT