Thread: More Cricut Fun
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 08:24 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Wow, you are right: that didn’t take long.

I can only imagine the volume of his email (or Public Affairs/Customer Service) and/or the language contained in said emails that came in overnight! Yikes!! But, at least they did listen to their customers to some degree.

I wonder if the end-of-the-year stance will hold. They may be forced to rescind that, too.

Earl

Earl,

I went onto reddit last night and the posts were brutal. People who already subscribe to Cricut Access (and many said they are OK with what it provides) cancelled their subscription because they thought it was absurd what Cricut proposed. And with no warning. Some even said it was illegal (something about having to buy a second product to use the first product). I am no legal scholar but it was certainly deceitful. Many who had just bought their machines felt betrayed.

I also signed a petition and voiced my opinion. Like many, I said I would walk away from Cricut and buy a Silhouette machine. They get good reviews, but apparently the software has a tougher learning curve. Pro and cons for either choice.

I will continue to use my Maker, it is a great machine. And I’ll get the knife tool, so I can cut fins and centering rings. I will probably make them with a core of balsa or basswood, with cardstock rings on either side, to make them strong, and lightweight.

I just received the latest issue of Sport Rocketry. There is a very good article by Joseph Hermann about using the Cricut to make decals. It gave me some ideas for another project.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp