Old 03-15-2021, 03:20 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushingmule
Bill and Lee,

That's a great flip-flop paint job!

Bob
p.s. I'd be mortified to launch a Goblin on a D-12 much less an E

Some new flyers here in Colorado have been going crazy with Goblins. Drag races, redoing fins with plywood, thru-wall replacements. (Toby Vanderbeek / Vanderburn Rocketry has them now if anyone is so inclined. )
Also flying them on F motors. One guy did his in reverse colors, but had no decals, so I printed him some in yellow. So, I only stumbled on the idea for reversed colors which led to reversed-color decals

I feel somewhat embarrassed admitting that I have never built a Goblin. But mine is getting built. It’s a bit modified. I have a few Goblin nose cones (Estes sold a 4 or 5 pack a few years ago on clearance.) After doing a set of decals for BT60 tube size, and having a BNC-55AO Goblin cone, some design changes were in order. Two tubes sizes, BT60 and BT55) are used, a balsa transition, the 55 nose cone, and one more mod. It had to have a different motor configuration. I have added the 18mm dual, canted motor mount used in the Fliskit Dueces Wild. (I bought a few of these, and the Tres-type 3-motor model, in various sizes from Fliskits during the “Going Out of Business Sale”. Sadly, it looks like these are no longer sold separately.)

I will post pictures once I am a little further along.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp