View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 10:08 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
I remember way back in the day after cutting my own that I looked at the rolls of crepe paper, thinking that would make the cutting even easier. But, like you, I too decided that those rolls were just too narrow to make effective wadding from.

And it did seem that the used sheets above the one sheet closest to the engine were often not even scorched. If I found them in the field after a flight, I would often try to reuse them. Back in those days, every penny counted because engines to fly seemed so expensive on my meager budget.

Earl

I STILL reuse wadding... I usually wander around the pasture after a club launch here on the farm and pick up a few handfuls of Estes wadding that has wafted down and not blown away. I just wad it up and stick it in my pocket.

Some can be pretty scorched or have a lot of "buckshot" holes burned through it from hot burning particles of BP from the ejection charge, but usually it's still usable in some form. I usually use the worst-blasted/scorched wadding in the rocket closest to the motor, with better, fresher wadding above it... let the scorched stuff take one more beating before it's gone for good LOL Works for me!

Later! OL J R