Thread: Engine Survey
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Retired Missile Technician

Having cussed and discussed things over the years with Carl, Sheryl, and Bruce it is evident to me that they "get it". This is not their first rodeo and they are doing great things with few people and the resources we provide them by being loyal customers.

My personal take is that motors, ANY motors, would be what I want now. They know the pros and cons. Many hobby shops or on-line dealers do not want to carry multiple BP or composite brands, although some do. Still, if they are cost effective and unique and available...

Carl, I would like to see the hybrid motors out first. They are somewhat different and no doubt will live up to your usual quality. It would cost you some money and labor costs to put a label on each kit that shows the recommended SEMROC motors, but since you batch a couple of kits when necessary, it is one minor additional step (done a hundred times or more each time). Eventually, you could tweak the individual kit instructions to make those changes.
I have 13 ammo boxes of motors (six are collector motors) plus the 100+ in my flying motor box. I would gladly sell some of my Brand E and Q motors at a loss to support buying SEMROC motors.

Just a few thoughts. B14's sometime in the future (for old times sakes...).

Chas