Thread: New kits!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Sorry about the scant posts lately. As usual, another major event and we are behind. We have been trying to finish up some that we have had in the works for a long time.

Coming up next:

SPEV - with BT-52 parts instead of BT-50 as originally planned (thanks John Brohn)
Defender - with all balsa transitions instead of the one paper one as original (thanks John Dyer)
Centurion - to match the original prototype (long balsa nose cone) instead of production (cheaper short plastic nose cone)

Hopefully, by NARCON...

This is only on SVDT thread, for now, until we get closer to having SOMETHING ready. The commemorative kit is the 50th Anniversary Mark II. It was 50 years ago that Orville Carlisle got G. Harry "hooked" on model rocketry with that rocket. Seems like only yesterday.

And... we now have the SVDT discount code activated for 30% discount to members. We were going to do 20% plus 10% for NAR members, but I think all but 2 SVDT members are also NAR members anyway.

Carl,

Defender - Oh how I love a good cluster kit! Never had an original but always thought that was such a unique design. Now I'll be able to own one. I'll be ordering a Defender kit as soon as these become available.

After reading the instructions for the original kit, your kit with the balsa transition instead of the paper one will make assembly so much easier for a paper shroud challenged guy like myself

Also, thanks for the SVDT and NAR members discounts! As others have already mentioned it's generous and very much appreciated! I'm sure I'll put the discounts to good use as I'm coming up on needing some more parts again soon as well.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates