View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Master Modeler

On that tape - use the colored plastic decorating tape available in hardware stores (short rolls of various colors) instead of yellow electrical tape. The vinyl tape in those colored rolls is much closer to the original than stretchy yellow electrical tape.

And you don't seal the switch port. You have to leave it open so you can start the camera prior to launch. You only have a few seconds, I don't think you're going to try and tape up the switch at the pad.

And like others have mentioned the body plastic on the camera is glossy black whereas the adapter section and the nose cone are more matte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh
Thanks Earl!

Took me a few times re-reading that before I understood it. I thought for a moment that it was saying "No, pieces of the camera are painted", then I realized that you were saying something more like "None of the camera's pieces are painted".

That screw eye was the tell. I've never seen a black screw eye included in any kits I've ever made that wasn't natural metal.

To save people from jumping back and forth from thread to thread, I've boosted the image of the tape, and my reply from Earl's Thread .

Authentic Estes Cineroc Tape Strips. Photo Courtesy of Earl

Tape looks to be about 3/8" wide, and just shy of 4 15/16" long with two pieces of 11/16" (presumably to seal the switch's port)

New question... does anybody know what the 1974 Estes parachutes looked like? Thanks!

All The Best!
K'Tesh