View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustdad
OK, I found the new website. Sure looks different. From what I can tell, they are no longer selling the kits.

I never had any complaints about the kits. It's been probably 15 years since I built one of his kits. At that time, IIRC, the owner had suffered a severe farming machinery accident. He suspended production, and at that time I was winding down my rocketry activity and had moved on to other hobbies. He must have recovered, returned to production and put up the new website in 2012. Interesting to catch up on such things.

Google search shows him living about 50 miles from me, in Manquin, VA. Which is where I remember his business was, back in the early 2000s, though the website now says Okeechobee, FL. Perhaps he has houses at both places. Or has moved to FL...

The kits I built flew great on D12 Estes motors. Perfect for the size fields I had available.

I think the original owner you describe sold the business to a second owner, and now that owner has stopped production and is looking to sell out. I seem to recall the original business being in New York though.