View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 07:04 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab28682
Thought about it, but it is on the edge of OK on the chad staged D12s. If you do not hold at least an 70-80 degree climb, it builds up a little airspeed and gives off a little bit of very high pitched aileron flutter, almost like a strummed electric guitar note.... Easily fixed with a aileron counterweight, I predict.

I am a little tempted to fly it this summer, in its 40th year of existence. Might just convert it to a fixed pod and fly it on a E6 reload.

Still have a Phoenix to build for the 32mm case. Might happen, now that I am retired!

Oh, had not thought about aleron flutter an an F13 or G12 boost.

Thing is, not so sure an E6 would be enough thrust for it. Well, maybe a 45 degree tower launch, with an "accidental" blip of down to climb at first at about 30-ish degrees to be sure of eough airspeed before pulling up more steeply.

What does it weigh? Of course, all this time later, maybe you could put in even lighter new radio gear and lighter batteries, and go with fixed-pod so the lighter radio gear up front could be counteracted by the E6 reload and pod mass.

It's so weird to realize that 2-channel R/C R/G's I built in the 1980's for Cannon R/C gear, total R/C mass of about 2-2.25 ounces (with 50 mAh Nicads), can be done NOW for little more than the mass of the receiver alone (about 6/10 ounce).
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer