View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsior_rocketry
I missed the ORR, and was only able to attend Sunday afternoon throught Tuesday night.
I had a great time flying vintage model rockets. These were all models that were built in the 1960's and early 1970's.... all except my Model Missiles Arcon, wheich flew like a champ.

I had a great time hanging out with Sandman at the field (Thanks for the table space and the shade buddy!!). I sold about 1/2 of the vintage motors I brought along, and a pile of decals too. Thanks to all who purchased from me.

I also had a great time putting faces to all of the newsgroup and email names that I have corresponded with over the years. (including the rocketdoctor himself!!) It was a lot like meeting old frineds.

I realy enjoyed hob-nobbing with manufacturers. Everyone was universally friendly, which I believe speaks very well for the hobby.

I finally got to meet Vern, Gleda and Betty ESTES. They are simply the nicest people ever. Vern and Gleda signed my very first rocket: a Goblin. My Dad built this for me when I was 6, and it this had to have been my favorite moment of NARAM 50.

On Tuesday night, I had a great time at the Cannon auction. I came loaded for bear and was able to purchase a number of vintage and foreign motors, plus a vintage Czech ASTRA kit. I am still very pleased.

Even though I was only able to attend for two days, I had a great time, and have many wonderful memories.

Phred

Well Said, Phred! I too got to meet some of you out there, RD, Initiator, Shredvector, Sandman, and of course Carl and Sheryl, Vern and Gleda . What wonderful folks.
Ya Shred , way too much dining for me too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Atomizer.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  43.4 KB