View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 AM
BP Mafia

Default What's in YOUR build queue?

I behaved myself for a while, buit now my backlog of projects is starting to grow again. I ordered a Dr. Zooch Little Joe kit last night. This is a project I'm looking forward to because not only do I love the looks of the Little Joe, I've also heard that the Dr. Zooch kits are a kick to build. As I mentioned elsewhere on here, I also bought a couple of rockets from Scott "Beer Skunk" McCrate's overloaded kit coffers, those being an Estes Strikefighter and Estes Wildfire. The Strikefighter is one that I've always been a fan of, and the Wildfire was one of the very first "OOP" kits that I won on Ebay. I used the nose and tail cone for a Satellite Interceptor clone, then built the rest of the rocket and subbed in a different nose cone. It was one of my favorite B6-4 Field fliers, but got treed one afternoon and was gone by morning. (I also wanted to scan the kit for YORP if they're still needed.) Scott was also kind enough to loan me some scale data on the Pershing Missile. His data is for a BT-80 bird, but I can scale it down for BT-60 and BT-70, which happen to be the size of the two cones that I bought from Sandman this spring. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting one of those going. The PD Rocketry U.S.S. Atlantis is ready for final assembly and the new decals are on the way, so that should be flying shortly. I also picked up another Holverson Wicked Winnie, only this one is a balsa bird. Since I was feeling too lousy to fly on Sunday, I put the time to good use and finished construction on the ARG Black Brant IVB bird that I picked up at NARCON back in 2005. Nice project once I could sit down and actually concentrate on it, and it really turned out to be a great looking bird. I've got nekkid pics that I'll post tonight, but they're still in the camera. Well, that's my story. What's yours?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2