View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Mark,

The main BT is 12" and the payload BT is 8". Overall length is about 24.25" tall (add 2.75" for the nose cone and 1.5" for the tube fin overhang). The '93 catalog lists the length as 23". My model was built from the newer kit version. I do have the earlier kit version around somewhere. When I find it, I'll compare the two and see what the difference is.

Great! Now I will need to add another model to my project! To catch everyone up, I had previously announced that I have embarked on a project to built, within the year, reproductions of every model ever offered by FSI. (More on that in another post.)

Quote:
FWIW, anyone wishing to clone these fine kits, I can provide dimensions for you if you can't find them in the plans or want to verify them before you start to build.

Don contributed the kit instructions, or added vital information to the instructions submitted by others, for almost all of the kit plans in YORP's online FSI archive. IOW, he has very authoritative information on nearly all of their kits. (You are only missing the Nike-Tomahawk, right?)

FWIW?!? It's worth plenty to me, for one!

Mark
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011