View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 02:57 PM
Craftsman

Default Large Avro Arrow RC Rocket glider

Decided to share here as well as FB in case anyone actually reads the glider topics, I am doing a kit of this that is 34" long with 2" tubing and 6mm depron wings, but I decided based on the CG and flight performance it might work as a 1.5x upscale using single ply 9mm depron, 3" tubing from Estes along with their lightweight cone, and just come in light enough to fly on the G-12 32mm reload, this will boost up to about 28 oz, this came in at 27.4 rtf with motor. Elevon control, 48" length, 37.5" wingspan, details added with sharpie pen, and hand cut vinyl for color except for the black on the nose. The roundels and lettering/numbers from stickershock. Intakes on the sides are just profile plates to give the look but be lightweight. It's about 1/17 scale, of course there are concssions to scale to make it work with the tubing/cone etc, but it looks the part.

Launches off a rail as per usual for me. Should boost to round 600', has a wing loading of 6.5 oz/sq foot after burnout which is pretty good at this size. Two servos, single 500mah 1s battery running them and the rx directly, very lightweight. CG shift covered by a glide trim setting only, no fancy balast adjustment. The cone came in at 2.4 oz after cutting off the base to allow mountng the battery, and only 2.5 oz was required for CG.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_20200124_082043350.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  568.6 KB