View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 03:24 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
As I see it, the relevancy depends on who "we" consists of. Not everyone has the same "history" on the subject and a "newcomer" to this thread might have the piece of information to help answer the question(s) at hand. Frankly, we may never know the answer, but it's worth investigating.

Dave F.

Fair enough. So, MRC motors became available in 1986-88? I first saw them in a Rose's Department Store in Athens, GA in 1988. These were the Saxon-made motors, so Saxon must have made them for their domestic market sometime before that, or did they even have a domestic market. I can't find my Stuart Lodge book to ascertain what motors were available in the UK at that time. From what I can tell the blue card export motors from Estes were the only fully commercial motors available anywhere in Europe before that. If you don't count those low thrust Rapier motors for hand launched gliders. There's a german company called Held which I find little about (i think they are mentioned in Lodge's book) and they had a C2 or 3, and a D7. But they weren't a big concern. And all the other euro motor makers were small niche, competition market players.