View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 01:36 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Congrats, Earl !
Knew it was rare, but that's a REALLY rare one.
Do you have Enerjet kits in the collection too ?
I sold the only Enerjet Nike Smoke in my collection.
Couldn't pass up 4x the price I paid 8 years prior for an OPENED bagged kit.
If boxed I would have kept it.

I don't have all the Enerjet kits yet. I still lack the Aero Dart and the Athena. I have the others. That Athena may prove to be even more difficult than the Visible Astro.

In that Centuri 'family photo', yes the Lil' Hustler for some reason is not present. There is one other kit that is not there, but I can't recall offhand which it is. The Jaguar IS in the photo: it is on the far right, in red, right above the white Payloader II.

Ok, I just checked and it looks like both the Quasar and the single stage Arcon are also missing from the photo. The two-stage Arcon-Hi is there, but not the single stage.

On the MiniMax kits, I got one, the Scorpion, with motors. The Hustler had the motors with it, but the seller did not want to ship them. The others have had no motors with them. Hard to know for sure if that is way the came originally or if other sellers also removed the motors before selling/shipping them. Early on, the MiniMax kits came ONLY with motors; by I think the 1971 catalog they gave a purchase option with or without motors.

Of all the MiniMax kits, the Lil' Hustler took the longest to get and was the most expensive. I have seen it only once for sale. I have only one of it and the MiniMax Aerodart. And I have been able to obtain only one Micro Probe and Marauder two stage kits (I generally try to get one kit to build and one to collect). Both of those were a challenge to get; both of them much harder than the typically highly prized Saturns and Little Joes, save for the 1/100 Little Joe II. That was a bugger to get too. And pricey.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970