View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Apollo Nut

The main body of the camera is definitely a glossy black plastic. It is a different plastic than the nosecone or the base adapter. Those two sections are more of a matte finish plastic.

NO pieces of the camera are painted....they are just their natural color of the plastic they are made from.

Yes, I did notice that the nosecone and the adapter are not nearly as shiny as the catalog shows. That catalog image you have posted looks like the one from the '76 catalog (my first Estes catalog) and the one that I too have in my mind when I think of Cineroc. They obviously 'spiffed' things up a bit for the catalog photo!

Screw eye was also natural steel color.....no black paint.

Scanned photo of tape strips added to the other thread. Good luck with the project.

I'm currently in the primer and paint stage on my vintage Omega and will be hopefully working out final lab details for developing exposed film here in the next few months. Want to get at least a couple of Cineroc flights in the 'old fashioned way'. I've done video cameras and such many years ago during my high power days back in the late 80s and 90s, but always wanted to own and fly a Cineroc since way, way back when.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970