View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 05:36 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Steve, if you used the REALLY old Interior/Exterior Krylon (acrylic lacquer), and not the follow-on Indoor-Outdoor crap, you are in luck. Krylon rebranded it Acrylic-Quik, and available online. Downside is most places make you buy a case, but deals can be found. Grainger sells individual cans.
Perfect Lee! Yes, I painted it with the old acrylic lacquer Krylon white. I only need one can.

https://www.grainger.com/product/KR...Paint-in-54TG71

Interesting fact. When I bought my Lil’ Hustler I asked Carl what color he used on his Lil’ Hustler model that I saw in his NARAM pictures. He used John Deere Yellow on his model

I might just sand and then wick some CA into the two cracks and fill with Bondo spot putty. If it isn’t strong enough after that I may put a light epoxy fillet over it but the fin is still holding in the slot. Feels like a surface crack like maybe some dummy didn’t prep the tube well enough for the epoxy to grab rushing through the build to get it painted and in the air.

All you guys are the experts in rescues and repairs does that sound like a pretty good plan? I want to tape off the yellow ... I don’t have any more of the yellow paint on hand either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  2C0A390E-B347-4E85-B63E-422841ECD154.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  1.44 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  E1B2FD5D-2D8E-474B-BA3C-5E0DF60EF7FC.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  1.26 MB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates