View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Master Modeler

Here she is all built and painted orange, still have to mask and paint one fin black. Once again I noticed Estes painted their black fin with the top border of the fin painted square black vs masked along the curved leading edge. I have not decided if Im going to mask square like Estes or follow the leading edge. I also posted a picture of the black line the Estes marked inside the tubes spiral. The build was straight forward, simple white glue and 3 coats of balsa sealer from Brodak. Once again I am keeping following the KISS guidelines so I don't spend too much time on my builds. There were some small defects in the plastic nose, I would have filled with putty before but now I am just leaving it alone....heck it is vintage. Also I try to build clean so I don't have to use primer, just start painting the colors. Since I am using old formula Krylon I can sand any imperfections after an hour of applying the color coats if needed. So far with streamer, shock cord and as shown she weighs 47 grams, final weight on package is 50 grams. I hope to get around to masking and painting the fin black this Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC_0040.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  255.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC_0043.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  182.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC_0044.JPG
Views: 27
Size:  312.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC_0051.JPG