View Single Post
  #6  
Old 05-02-2005, 09:10 AM
dtomko's Avatar
dtomko dtomko is offline
Middle-Aged Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warwick, NY
Posts: 363
Default

After having the parts for a couple of years, I've finally started a Gemini-Titan (sort of) clone. I wanted to make a few improvements, so first I opened up the interstage area. After cutting the BT-70, I used a hole punch and x-acto. Right now I'm planning on running a BT-60 all the way from the top of the engine mount to the capsule. I am going to try to make slots in the BT-70 through which the plastic fins can be slid (I got this idea from a website a few years ago, but can't find it now). The slits will be in the black roll pattern, so you won't notice them much.
I also dressed up the engines. Instead of using the old coupler/ring combo, I used speaker wire, string, styrene, and balsa. The support tubes will be added after painting. I am trying to use a couple of paper models as wraps or decal patterns for the BT and capsule.
Drew Tomko
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  GT BT.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  57.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  GT engines.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  78.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  GT engines 1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  87.3 KB  
Reply With Quote