Thread: After the Fire
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 05:02 AM
BP Mafia

I built the motor mount and fin can for the Thunder Roc this weekend, but decided to order a BT-60 ejection baffle from Flis Kits to replace the tube coupler in the middle of the two uppermost BT-60 sections. This T-Roc should be quite a bit lighter than my first clone because I cut out the epoxy clay, basswood fins and huge nylon chute right off the bat. Next launch is in two weeks. (I was "under the weather" this weekend. In a completely different way than Craig was. )
I also ordered several other parts, including a "complete" set of the canted cluster mounts. They now stock them in 13mm, 18mm and 24mm for BT-50(?), BT-60 and BT-70 respectively. Not sure what project they'll become a part of at this point, but that's part of the fun. (Although that dual 24mm BT-70 mount sounds like it would make an a$$-kicking SPEV for starters.)

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2