View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Master Modeler

I was going to post about this launch system and related rockets later today, actually.

A Seattle area chain of drug stores called Bartell Drugs has these on hand and they are on sale for $7.99. They also have RTF mini-engined rockets - I picked up a "Sky Duster" (number 2462) - on sale for $5.99, and four-packs of 1/2A3-4Ts (with wadding), also on sale for $5.99. The other rocket they had in the Bartell's I was in was the "Fat Jax".

I had not heard of the rockets or that launch system before (though it's the same launch pad that's in the Moon Mutt launch sets and a standard-issue current version of the Electron Beam controller), nor had I seen 1/2A motors in mass-market packages (the colorful ones that also include wadding) before.

Nice list of Semroc rockets though I'm not sure I'd be comfortable launching some on your list from a 19 inch launch rod (two sections about 9.5 inches long). I have a Mark II, Aphelion, Astron, My Boid, Astro Jr., Constellation and Start all in flying condition, with several others listed either on hand or on their way. I also have cloned the X-Ray and have it ready to fly. I will have to give a couple a try on this little launch stand.

At Bartell's sale prices one can get an RTF rocket, a launcher AND four motors for $20 plus tax. Add four AA cells and you can fly four times. Quite a deal, actually.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE