View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

Default A10-3T xFNC "Challenge"

Not much of a challenge, actually. I've mentioned before that I am a 4-H project leader, and also that my budget doesn't allow for RockSim. Now, I'm happy enough on my own designing and testing rockets the "old fashioned" way; but for the kids, I like tested if not proven designs.

So here's the deal. I have a mess of A10-3T engines, courtesy of Wal-Mart. I'd like an optimal (3,4)FNC rocket design, using only parts available from Semroc. By "optimal" I mean (a) stable and (b) around 10 FPS at deployment (or less if possible). Altitude is not important; small field fliers are fine. Designs able to use Semroc laser cut fins would be a big plus, since these rockets will be built by kids (and hopefully, being posted here, not just by my students).

If I had RockSim, I'd crank it out and be done. But I don't. Anyone want to take it on?

Extra Credit: 2x and 3x cluster rockets designed for A10-3T engines, same criteria as above. Would be good for the more "advanced" students (2nd year and above). Of course, the centering rings would have to be handmade, but I did say "advanced" didn't I?
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org