View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 04:52 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Well, I knew I had some polaroid pics from 1978-1979 because I have a scanned pic of me with my FSI Mach-1 Dart in a few places on the forum that I scanned many years ago with a really crappy scanner
I have an old Epson V500 Photo Scanner sitting here collecting dust that I never could get to work with Linux ... well it worked for a while and then stopped. I now have a Windows laptop that I use to work from home and loaded the drivers on my laptop and whala now my scanner works again so I set out to find the CMR Manta picture. In doing so I found two old photo albums filled with polaroid pictures all dated 1978-1979 same time frame as the FSI Mach-1 Dart picture so I may try to scan a few of the better ones. I haven't looked through these albums since before I moved in 2008 so pretty stoked that I actually located them yesterday. Some of the stills look okay but the slow shutter speed of that old polaroid camera caught mostly blurry shots of anything already off the rod and in flight.

Maybe with the scanner and some sharpening I can get a few decent scans of these pics. I probably need to scan some of these pics anyway because I don't think these polaroid pics will last forever

BTW great thread Bill. GREAT posts everyone ... keep the pictures coming.
I LOVE looking at old rocketry photos!

Wow, Steve! Looks like you have lots of vintage photos there! Looking forward to seeing what you are able to scan. I have some Instamatic photos circa 1978 in one of my rocket photo albums that contain tons and tons of LDRS photos, but all the LDRS stuff, even going back to 1991, seem almost like yesterday still, even though my first LDRS — LDRS10 — is almost 30 years ago now! But, I may try to post some of the old Instamatic images from the late 70s, if I can find them.

Looks like you got some good coverage there of your ‘golden’ years!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970