View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Al,

I was not really thinking in terms of kitbashing when I started this version. This was really an academic exercise to see what a "true" 4X version would look like and perform like. If I were to rework the design again (and I just might, now that you guys have mentioned the tube diameter is so close), then the LOC tubing would be the tube of choice.

My thoughts were simply "If I were setting up for a kit, I could simply order the tube size that I wanted, and not just accept what someone else already has. The price to order the correct size directly from the manufacturer would be no more, and very likely a lot less, than purchasing the same tubes from a distributor. If I'm ordering from the manufacturer, why not go with the exact size?"

Don't misunderstand -- I'm NOT kitting this beast! But one can dream, right?

No problem - I understand that for sake of simulating / test-running the design, that the exact scale sizes were used, just thought the difference between 5.3 and 5.54 would not be very significant.
And you're correct on buying the tubes dorect, much less costly, especially in quantity, of course the cone would still be an issue.

Either way it's an interesting concept study, I've seen various Cherokee upscales, so no reason a booster addition would not be feasable -
I'm definately thinking on a large 2 stager now, have to look around and see what designs look nice :-)

~ AL