View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 02:15 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

a cpouple comments,questions on this paper project, lol...

looks VERY doable, in fact if I was 'into' Cherokee-double-D , I;d build it to prove the design, but with all my regular sized clones, plus the 7.67" Goblin and a pair of Black Brant 3's ( 4" and 10.25")... well....

anyways,m the rocksim weights are good, in fact if the ready to fly weight can be done at 20 lbs loaded - which I highly doubt those figures - it sure doesn;t need L330 motors.

My brothers 1:3 scale Nike-Tomahawk ( 5.54" booster / 3" upper ), was 27 lbs loaded and flew perfect on K700 ( Kosdon 1400 nsec, current AMW 1400 would be fine),and that was not only 27 lbs loaded, but more drag than a cherokee would have .

also brings up my last question - why not just design / simulate this with the Loc 5.54" tubing ? ,seems the Loc cone is close looking, or if you're a purist, long 5.54 ogive is made by performance rocketry.

if anyone builds this, I'll keep a close watch :-)

- a couple guys in our club has started on a 5.54" BETA upscale about 15 years back... I remember cutting the fins and rings for them, they had the parts,etc but one guy left the hobby, and the other is not real active now, far as I know, last he flew as LDRS 13....
Beta scale length booster did not leave much room for chutes though......

~ AL