Thread: xkits
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Forest Sprite

It's funny, I guess, but the old style instructions still feel like the norm to me. (And Semroc's instructions are the deluxe edition!)

I'll admit that I was disappointed when the cc: kits were discontinued. I was looking forward to tackling them as my building skills improved, especially the SST Shuttle and the X-21. I did manage to get the Space Plane before it was gone. I am delighted by the news that you are starting up a new version of this line again.

I always thought that you were completely clear about what the cc:kits were, what they contained and what they did not contain. But I was seeing them just from my perspective, I guess, and I didn't realize that there would be customers who bought them who just didn't get it. Your new approach with the xkits seems like a sensible way to avoid a repeat of those problems.

I am thrilled with the list of upcoming xKits in your post. I am relieved to see the first two on the list coming back, and I'm not at all disappointed that the X-21 isn't on the list. After studying the online X-21 plans, I thought that it would be quite some time before I was ready to tackle that one anyway. You also just made my day with the inclusion of the last two designs on the list! Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah! [Jumps up and does a little dance around the computer]

I'm really pleased with the inclusion of all of the other xKits on the list, too. I was beginning to think that I would never get to build a Starship Vega! The only problem that I can see right now is that for the next several days everyone is going to be wondering why I keep walking around with this silly grin on my face. ( <--- just like this one!)

Mark \\.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011