View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 09:26 PM
Apollo Nut

Default Vintage Spray Paint-Who Knew?

In my quest to collect all the items from the Centuri 1971 catalog, several of the areas I have had to delve into are those products carried in that catalog but manufactured by other companies. Companies such as Xacto (an entire education there), Grifhold, Badger, Pactra, Prostripe, Wilhold Glue, and Krylon. I’ve had fairly good success in obtaining most of the items from those manufacturers, but like a great many vintage items, there are always one or two items or products that are harder to find than others.

But I had one area that I had no idea that brought such fairly incredible prices as some vintage spray paints, and Krylon is among them. Now, I’ve gotten all the vintage Krylon spray paint colors carried by Centuri, in age-correct vintage cans, with the exception of Krylon flat white and fluorescent pink (cerise as Krylon called it).

I’ve seen vintage Krylon and Rustoleum spray paint cans go for $200-$400. I was following a vintage Krylon Fluorescent Cerise tonight that just closed. It was a bit newer than the age range I am hunting for (this one had a bar code, so it was too new), but it still went for $213! Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kr...ordt=true&rt=nc

So, model rockets are not the only things that go for surprising amounts of cash.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970