View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 04:15 PM
Sometimes collector

Angry

I hadn’t competed in NAR competition in over 20 years, and not seriously in over 25. Virtual NARAM sounded like fun, I wanted to fly some events but was not really motivated to build anything new, so I went looking for old competition models. Gliders were on a shelf, an old SD model was on another, a helicopter and superroc were in a closet. In a box I found a mystery glider that I have no recollection building, it turned out to be a Deltie, and the boom snapped forward of the boom as soon as I picked it up, the balsa is so light. I had nothing in my kit lists that I had built a Deltie. At the bottom of a box I found an old Apogee P’Chuter which was cool because I had nothing in my lists that I had ever had one, much less built. I continued to poke around looking for chutes and streamers, and found the three instruction booklets in the attached picture. Now the mystery was where the Apogee Dragster SD model ended up, because again, I have nothing listed that I ever owned or launched one.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I had, I guess for competition models I didn’t take as much care to document. Poking through those boxes is well worth it!

The Deltie boom was an easy repair and had two great flights of 36 and 40 seconds on 1/2As.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  21A09FD0-4A81-45F2-B6E6-77FE66015681.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  1.59 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  5FFA7CDA-6D79-46C4-A3D2-EE5F0C1D63FB.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  1.88 MB