View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 11:43 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin

Okay. I have been off the forum for a good while. A few years ago I was trying to inventory the mess of rocket stuff that I have in too many places around the house and in the garage. I had a near death experience and then I was in the ICU for a week and the recovery period was really long. No, trying to sort out all the rocketry stuff that I had accumulated didn't cause the illness ... and I am okay! But I missed you guys on YORF

So today I started looking for rocket things. All sorts of rocket things in boxes, dresser drawers you name it. I started with four bins that stuff was tossed into and I'm finding things that I didn't realize I had and also some things I don't know where they came from.

Like this TCB kit ... well actually two of them. One is opened the other is still sealed. Basswood LONG nose cones, nice white tubes and thin fiberglass fins. Parts are separated into separate little bags with a wrap around fin alignment guide and instructions. A well thought out and well packaged kit. I remember back in the day [late 80's] Ross with Magnum had a line called TCB in a Flash but those were very large HPR kits. The only indication of where these came from is an email address on the back of the instructions: tcbrockets@yahoo.com

Anyone know anything about these kits? I don't remember where I got them and there is no city or state. I can scan the instructions with my iPad if anyone want to see them.

If any of you have unearthed anything recently that looks interesting please feel free to post to this thread ... would be cool to see it!

Second up: 2 kits I had completely forgotten about - the Stinger I picked up when I worked at a Hobby shop part time ( for the 20% discount ). This had been returned before I started my shift, and I talked the manager into selling it to me for 50% off list price. It had been returned open, and was probably going to be written off and thrown out, but I couldn't let them do that. The 'Hawkeye' was a Christmas present.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Stinger_Hawkeye.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  292.5 KB  
SAM #0031