View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:12 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
Steve,

Neubaurer Rocketry has a 2.6" diameter Orion model.

It has vacuum-formed wraps with a 24mm motor mount.

You may have seen a picture of this model on the cover of the Nov/Dec 2006 issue of Sport Rocketry.

Bob

Bob,

I remember when you first posted the pictures of yours from NARAM Very nice!

I have been speaking with Jim Neubauer via email since the Holidays. He told me the Orion II model has been "updated" and now features a new resin nose cone instead of the balsa nose cone. The decals were made to look more like the original Orion, plus they were made on an Alps printer. He also told me he improved the body wraps.

I'm actually waiting for him to reply. I tried to send him an order using an AMEX Gift Card I got for Christmas but PayPay doesn't seem to want to accept that. Did I mention I hate PayPal? If not: I hate PayPal

I was going to procure the parts to build a Semroc SLS Orion according to the RockSim file parts/dimensions that Craig posted but by the time I figured how much it would cost to purchase 1B wraps, parts & decals the Neubauer kit looks attractive.

I do have a couple of question for you Bob. Since the Neubauer kit doesn't include it, how did you make your nozzle shroud and do you still have a pattern. It just wouldn't look right without the nozzle. Were the kit fins balsa or basswood?

Thanks!

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates