View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:19 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox
It appears that Centuri became Estes-Cox.

I did a search on the Colorado Secretary of State web site and, if I'm interpreting it right, "Centuri Corp." was renamed to "Estes-Cox Corp." on May 20, 1994.

"Estes-Cox Corp." is a Delaware corporation (although, of course, located in Penrose). The Delaware web site only gives limited information (unless you pay $20). It says "Estes-Cox Corp." was incorporated on March 10, 1994, then again on June 7, 2002. The first date corresponds with the name change in Colorado. The second date is listed, I guess, because Barry Tunick bought and re-organized the corporation.

There are still some references to "Centuri" at estesrockets.com (and the corporate domain they use is centurims.com), but I think these are just leftovers from the Centuri period.

Edit: I just realized I replied to an old message. But the above info is new to the discussion.

-- Roger

The first reference to "Estes-Cox Corp." that I ever saw was in 2002 after Tunick and partners bought the company from TCW. Estes was using "Centuri Corp." on packaging between 1994 and 2002.

Estes didn't purchase Cox until January 1996.