View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:34 PM
Apollo Nut

Thanks for the additional posts and info.

Yeah, I recall reading at one time that the Citation line was not quite as successful as hoped. Kinda like the Centuri Stellar line I guess, and both released in roughly similar timeframes.

It does seem like when the original Citation version appears on eBay it goes for some pretty decent amounts. And that full Quasar starter set with chrome pad is also very pricey. I recall some ‘fire sale’ listings in old black issues of Estes Model Rocket News when they were apparently trying to move out some of the of the original Citation stock at some fairly decent prices. Well, decent prices by our standards now. I have a decent number of original Citation kits, but not the Quasar.

As Tim referenced, yeah I was wondering if there might be a fin clipping template out there somewhere possibly. With the catalog art reflecting a clipped fin can for the entire run of the kit, I am somewhat surprised there was not an instruction sheet addendum that gave specs for doing that and maybe a couple of suggested ‘best ways’ to actually clip the fins if a customer wished to do so.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970