View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Master Modeler

I'll try to take a quick snap this evening and post it.

On color schemes: the crashed rocket that is being reworked was orange except for a yellow nose cone. But I'm tempted to paint the "rhinoplasty" version white and swap it onto my currently flyable Mark II which is painted to look like the one built by GHS that's on display in the Museum of Flight in Seattle. That one is has a fluorescent red body/fins except that one fin is black. That particular model also has a conventional 1/8 inch launch lug on it rather than the one that works on a 1/4 dowel. It also has the fins glued on, not attached with the staples and such. One picture showing both of these points attached. So is a better view of the model overall.

I'd love to be able to have color documentation of other Mark IIs from the early days so as to more readily be able to enter one in a Classic Model competition (NAR event P57). The way the rules are written one needs a color picture for documentation. If you have a place I can look, I'd love to know.

I was showing the reworked nose cone to my wife last night and discussing this problem and she had the brilliant suggestion that I should just paint the model in shades of grey!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0236.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  476.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0237.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  44.6 KB  
AMA 42160
KG7AIE