Thread: In the works
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I'm curious as to why the Omega is so high on the list....

In the past, we have all the parts for particular models months before we released the kits, but very few sets were ordered. In some cases, we even released a bag of the parts (xKits) and they did not sell. But as soon as we released the actual kit, hundreds sold. It probably has something to do with having everything, including the instructions, in one bag.

The Omega Kit will not be exactly the same as the old kit, as all our releases are slightly different. It will work with 2.75" or 3.75" engines, including the new E12. The tubes are laser slotted with through-the-wall fins for less roll if a camera is used.

I agree that there are so many sources of so many parts that almost of the early kits can be cloned without having to buy kits. We do sell lots of parts, but once we release a kit, we notice that the number of orders that have parts to built that kit goes to zero and people buy the kits instead. I asked the question once and the answer I got was that he was not going to build the kit now, but when he opened the bag twenty years in the future, he wanted all the parts and instructions to be there.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com