View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh
Ok, went to Home Depot and didn't find what I was looking for there. I did find duct tape that was yellow, but that's not the right material. I also found an assortment of colored of electrical tape that might work in a pinch, but it wasn't 3/4" wide.
I don't think you want ¾" wide tape. I think ½" is closer to the original.

I tried using Scotch brand yellow electrical tape (from Home Depot) but could not satisfactorily cut it down to ½" widths. But I like the color.

I found a variety pack there - probably the same assortment you did. It contained some ½" wide orange-yellow tape that I used instead. I would have preferred a different shade, but the width was my priority.

Quote:
Hold it... Is this the vinyl tape that is made from the same stuff as sign making films?
Vinyl signs tend to be way more sticky than vinyl tapes. If you ever have to remove it, you will likely pull up some paint with it. To be clear, the tape was temporary, as I understand it, allowing the user to disassemble the Cineroc. So, if you plan on ever taking yours apart, you don't want it to be too sticky.

Upon further consideration, I suppose, with some heat, monokote or vinyl signs can be removed without damaging the capsule.

Doug

YORF member #11