View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Semi-Pro Rocketeer TRA 10484 L2

Hey you got me concerned so I upgraded to the DSLA printing, it does a very good job, I have Saturn 1 SA5, SA7, 1b from them printed that way.

They have just added DLP printing which they say requires no sanding. Looks like they are going to give rocketeers a choice mainly between DSLA or DLP printing in the future with DLP costing more. They are offering the 1/100 Scale Saturn V fin-shroud assembly first with this type of printing.

I talked to E-Rockets about the tube choice for the Titan fin pods. Randy said that LT085 would be a tight fit into a BT50 and he recommend a ST8F into a ST9 for the fin pods which is workable.

Here is my thoughts, The LT085 is .040 thick, giving you good strength and should be no problem to sand down some, leaving a desirable tight fit to hold them in place during flight.

Also, they have another option, they have a BT50+ that a BT50 can slide into, these two tubes could also serve as a replacement for the Titan's original BT950 into the BT50 combination.

So a builder would have at least three choices here for the fin pods and booster receiver tubes