Thread: Deci-scale
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string
[...]
Mark, that rocket next to the Nike Cajun is called the Far Side. Now THAT's one I'd like to see in kit form. I've been toying with scratching that one since the day I saw it in the museum. The color scheme and build challenge would make for a great model rocket.

And would you launch it from underneath a balloon...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string
That third one is cool too. It's called the F-23 and it's got some pretty neat looking ram jets attached to it.

Very cool, although now that I have gotten a better look at it, I can see that it doesn't look all that much like the Intrepid. It would be a pretty ambitious project to fly a scale model of that F-23 rocket using motors just in the ramjet tubes. (An interesting challenge, though...) I don't want to stray any further off this thread's topic, but I think that Semroc might even have all the parts needed for a least a stand-off scale version of it. (Hmmm... ) (EDIT: Upon further review, now it looks to me like the central pod does house a motor.)

Mark \\.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011