View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:29 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Crooked as they come... Scamulation DIRTBAG....and crappy products ta boot even BEFORE the molds were worn out.

Yeah... What was REALLY bad was, some people were shelling out several hundred bucks for some of her kits. Some of them were up around $500 or more IIRC... been a long time and I'm not into HPR so I can't recall-- I remember looking at them (and the "glamour shots") but not in the market for them just passing interest. SO, some people got taken for quite a ride when the check or money order is cashed and NO KIT(S) EVER COME. I don't think it's fair to call it "sob stories" either... Guess it always depends on WHOM is getting the shaft, though. Some folks seem to think as long as it's SOMEONE ELSE getting shafted, that it's "okay"...

Those STINKING ROTTEN THIEVES at LAUNCH magazine got me, thank goodness only for about $60 bucks... I trusted them and believed in their product and wanted to support it, and bought a 3 year subscription... and then got 2-3 issues before they trotted out their "sob story" about how they "couldn't afford" to produce the magazine and thus, were closing up shop, and basically everybody who had subscriptions got a fat greasy middle finger stuck in their face while they closed up shop and RAN like the SORRY THIEVES they were...

They never seemed to have a problem holding swanky soirees for bigshots or making fat contributions to "buy" their way into the inner circles and make themselves look like heroes, but when it came to actually PAYING THEIR BILLS and FULFILLING THEIR OBLIGATIONS, they were COMPLETE SCUMBAGS... which isn't surprising... there's a LOT of people who PRETEND to be rich and throw a lot of money around but can't even pay their bills and stiff people as a way of life....

Later! OL J R