Thread: Engine Survey
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
I could not get into the survey even though I had logged in with the SAM site. I think it is this old computer, so I will try later on my wife's computer. It is great to be asked for input.

Carl, what is your thinking about starting with motors that are offered by E and Q to establish your products as opposed to offering motors people really want? I fully realize that motors designed for competition are a very limited market.

Chas

We will have to. When you have 100 kits that take a particular mix of engines, it would be a shame to not be able to provide engines for your own kits. They will be different becaue the C5 will really be a C5 with a 22 N peak for many kits we cannot do. The B8 will also be in the same 18x70HB family. The B14 and 3/4C19 will really allow 3 stage and heavier 2 stage 18mm models.

The Retro Mabel I family is one that will work with many of the oldest kits, since they are the engines that they were designed around. They do not match up with current NAR/FAI impulse ranges so they will not be useful for contests. I have them in the queue just for fun. They had a softer/longer burn than the later Mabel II types. I personally want to fly a few of them again.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com