View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 11:45 PM
When Pigs Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Looks really nice. I'd like to try one out. And I happen to have 110 lb. card stock. Not sure if I have that cone, but I do have a lathe, and have turned a lot of custom cones over the years. Although I know it's not required, I do have a question on using Future, which I've never tried. Does it flow out pretty well when brushed on?
I didn't check out the video yet but May check out the website you mention.

The X-24 Bug build will be up next on my build blog when I finish up the Arapaho/Kokopelli.
After printing off the shroud and fins the fin positions were masked off and the sheets got two coats of Keylon clear spray to seal the ink.
I felt it was still too weak so then I brushed on the Future clear acrylic. I usually dip the brush, wipe off some of the excess then brush on the printed cardstock. For me, if it is applied too thick the Future runs like water.
Future (like anything else) takes a few tries to get a feel for it. On the X-24 Bug I brushed it on before gluing it together.
The videos (if they were recorded) haven't been posted yet. They usually go up a few days after a NEFAR launch.

www.oddlrockets.com
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com
http://www.nar.org/educational-reso...ing-techniques/
Your results may vary
"Nose cones roll, be careful with that."
Every spaceman needs a ray gun.
Look out - I'm the Meister Shyster!