View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:59 AM
rosko_racer

Default Centuri PNC-106

After some soul searching and internet research, most of the Fighter Fleet used the PNC-106 red plastic nose cone. The Semroc equivalent to the PNC-106 is the BC-1045P, which is a 4.5" rounded ogive. By looking at the Centuri part number I thought it would be a 6" long NC but it seems to be 4.5" long.

This NC is used on the following Fighter Fleet rockets:

F-16 Fighter
F-15 Eagle
F-104 Starfighter

Interesting note: The equivalent Semroc NC says it is a rounded ogive. I have found on some threads here on YORF people describing the PNC-106 as "pointy".... it would be interesting to see comments from those who have the actual model. I remember it being rounded.

EDIT:
Here are the STL files I used. There are three separate files (Nose Cone, Coupler/Shoulder, End Cap) to make it easier to print. Printing settings will depend on your printer. These parts are to be used with the Estes BT-50. If you want to use another manufacturer's BT or an ST-10 body tube then slight adjustments would have to be made to the files for a proper fit.

EDIT to EDIT:
The STL file for the NC has been changed to reflect the actual measurements taken from a NC from a kit, which measured 5" long. I have removed the 4.5" NC file and replaced it with a 5" NC model. I left the rest of this post intact as some still holds true: The Semroc equivalent NC says it is 4.5" long...

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT