View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:27 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
There was a Semroc thread with great info from Sheryl I’d hate to lose.

Hi 5x7, if you are referring to this thread, "Semroc Kits" , started by Initiator001, I see that the last post that survived was #15 by ghrocketman, along with Sheryl's first post in #13. I am not sure if the next post, #16, was Sheryl's second post in reply to the thread. She said that she did not attend the 2003 Naram with Carl & Bruce and was not totally sure what the first 4 kits were but named some, & mentioned how they used their savings to re-start Semroc. I cant remember if you also replied to that post by Sheryl.

I am set up to get email notifications of replies to threads that I have posted to, and so I have copies of the posts that came after my first post shown below.
Maybe someone else has email notifications of the posts after #15 to confirm ???
This would all be easier if we had an Omega 13 device.....

Hi Sheryl, and 5x7,

The best info from my records are that Semroc's releases for aught-three and aught-four were the following, but would appreciate any corrections needed :

2003: Laser-X, Lil' Hercules, Micron, Rawhide, Rocket Rack, Sky Hook, Squire, Swift, Triton.

2004: Astro-1, Astrobee 350, Astro-Jr, Firefly, Goliath, Hydra VII, Javelin, Lil' Ivan, Lune R-1, Mark II, Recruiter, SLS Jaguar, SLS Javelin, SLS Scorpion, SLS Sky Hook, ThunderBee.

Craig
SAM #0010

Craig, you're right. I forgot about the Micron being in the first four. Sky Hook, Lil' Hercules, Squire, Rocket Rack, and Laser-X came next. The SLS Laser-X was produced after a Semroc fan suggested to Bruce that we should up-scale it.

I checked the electronic copy of the Semroc Arcon-Hi pdf instructions and Carl's date inside the document shows March 11, 2008, with no revision dates. So your 2008 date on that kit appears to be correct.

Unfortunately, I never downloaded the Arcon instructions, so I can't check the date on it. Maybe someone else has an electronic copy of it or a hardcopy from an actual kit they bought.

Earl

From BARgeezer
You can download the Semroc Arcon instructions, as well as a bunch of other models at the old Semroc website: http://www.semroc.com/Documents/pdf/Arcon.pdf

Great thing about Carl's instructions is the parts list included with every set.
Cheers.

Here is what I would post next if the thread is recreated:

Thanks Earl for the tip!!! & BARgeezer for the link!!!
Per the Arcon instructions, it shows May 2, 2004, so the Arcon kit was released in 2004 & should be added to the 2004 releases I listed in my post above.