View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Nice ECHO clone Bill (and nice original Doug)! Looks great white with black fins and nose cone.

I always had great flights on my original with D18's and built mine with the payload section too. I always thought it looked better with the longer sustainer with a payload section just like you built yours.

Although mine wasn't much of a looker it was a favorite and very stable flyer. I don't recall having decals with mine either though.

Apparently Don Fent supplied the scans, so maybe his had the decal. I know most of the catalog shots I saw showed it like mine, other than mine has the payload and those didn't. I didn't notice until after I applied the Echo 1 decal on the payload. I can live with it.
Seems like those catalogs were from later in the FSI run, so that likely has something to do with it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2