View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 06:59 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
eRockets/Semroc, Tim VanMilligan/Apogee, Peter Alway, NCR, BMS, Newway we’re all there.

Semroc: updates to existing products - new tabbed laser cut fins/wings and decals for the Orbital Transport and additions to the MMX line.

They also showed a model, the name has escaped me, that had a boat tail version of a screw on motor retainer, which is interchangeable with one that is shaped like a big deLaval nozzle. It also had a screw-together joint in the middle. I think I’ve seen the joiner on eRockets already. I believe these parts are 3D printed.

Quote:
Apogee: working on a staging timer and still working on the GPS guided rogollo chute system.

Peter Alway: next edition of Rockets of the World still several years away.

Peter was showing recently released books - the WWII rockets book and the V-2 painting guide. But yes, he said a new edition of RoTW is still some time away.

Quote:
NCR: some kit updates and new laser cut construction tools/stands.

BMS: updates to the big School Rocket, including a 29mm motor version and add-on payload bays.

Newway: more square tube versions of old favorites, MMX versions of current Newway designs and a down scale of a really big square tube HPR rocket I wasn’t familiar with.

The New Way Spacemodels downscale was the Spirit of Higgs Farm. A new release here at NARAM is the Flat Boy, which is about the size of the Estes Mini Fat Boy but with an 18mm motor mount. The nose cone is 3D printed.

The MicroMax models (there are several) are also almost entirely 3D printed.

Rick showed two that are not yet released. First was Big Bessie (a square Big Bertha, but in a black/white cow motif). This model uses the same nose cone as Flat Boy (just as their Estes counterparts do). And there was the Saturn-4, which is a square Saturn V about the size of the Dr. Zooch Saturn V. The fins/nozzle fairings as well as the entire upper section (S-IVB on up) is 3D printed.

And James Duffy opened the forum with his own new product - a DVD about the Bell X-1 (spacemonkey models and rocket.aero)
AMA 42160
KG7AIE