Thread: Sonda II
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 09:00 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
If you thought 2020 was strange . . . .

In addition to national craziness, the seventh day of 2021 on YORF has me reading an eleven-year old Peruvian legal brief, in Spanish, with scale information on an obscure, small sounding rocket program.

This is gonna be great.

Attached is a .pdf, in English, giving a brief history of the Peruvian space program through 2010, confirming the Argentine influence. It's a quick read and interesting in it's American connections. Can there be a better name for a launch site than "Punta Lobo?"

Thanks again for the leads, Cardonet.

You are welcome, MarkB

The launch of the Paulet 1C and Paulet 1D rockets in 2021 was announced in early December 2020.
https://andina.pe/agencia/noticia-p...021-824359.aspx

Interesting information about the Paulet rocket program can be found in an article in this Argentine journal (in Spanish, of course).
https://www.esga.mil.ar/Newberiano/...UBRE%202014.pdf

The article begins on page 35, and the part dealing with the Paulet rockets on p. 38. The collaboration between Peru and Argentina is described starting on p. 45.

The author mentions (p.49) a fact that occurred in 2005:
« It was then the astonished discovery (...) of eleven propellant grains of French origin, similar to those used by the ORION I. Amen to find in the same deposit or magazine a large quantity in barrels of ammonium perchlorate and plastic binder of HTPB. The grains deposited in wooden crates had been donated, many years ago, by Argentina. This on the occasion of the "Castor".
This was not all, at the CONIDA facilities there was a complete ORION II “disassembled” and other parts and components undoubtedly also donated. Perhaps an explanation of why the pre-design of the PAULET I. »

And on p.52:
« The propellant grains used in Paulet I and later in Paulet IM were part, as has been stated, of an Argentine donation in 1982, within the CASTOR project. The age of this grain of French origin was 40 years. Its useful life according to the standards and its manual was stipulated in… one year !!!. »